Christina Demoraes is the founder and CEO of the International Medical Tourism Chamber of Commerce. Christina’s success as medical tourism client in 2002 has inspired her to help over 300 others to receive needed medical care in Brazil and change their lives forever. After realizing that her passion lies in patient advocacy, Christina started the IMTCC to help streamline the skill set required to be a medical tourism facilitator.
IMTCC’s mission statement is to formally declare, endorse, and implement the three tenets of medical tourism: advocacy, after-care, and accountability. These principles will be paving the way to the accreditation standards of medical tourism.
Tune in to this episode to find out about the knowledge, tools and support that agents need to have in order for clients to trust them to get the treatment and the experience they deserve.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- Christina’s success story as a medical tourism client, which resulted in a successful surgery and ultimately her losing 170 lbs
- How Christina helped 300 others to get medical care in Brazil before she even started her business
- Why Christina created the International Medical Tourism Chamber of Commerce
- Why it is important to have someone who periodically oversees the doctors and medical facilities
- The importance of aftercare, both in the country where the surgery took place, and after the clients return home
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
For this medical breakthrough segment, find out about the new research study conducted by Stanford University Medical Center on muscle regeneration. Researchers transplanted the old, treated muscle stem cell population, which in turn repaired the damage and restored strength to injured muscles of old mice. Two months after the transplant, the mice’s muscles exhibited forces equivalent to those of young, uninjured mice. This advance in stem cell research brings us yet another step closer to staying young and vital through our long lives.
You can learn more about this discovery here.