Years ago, during a trip to Costa Rica, Sally found herself in need of a root canal. Despite of the reservations she had about having the procedure done in a foreign country, she decided to go through with it. Even after going back to the dentist twice, her total bill was only $160 US. Sally began researching the different performed in Costa Rica, the cost, the wait times, and the quality of the care in comparison to having those done with insurance in North America. The differences and similarities Sally found shocked her.
Today, Sally Pederson is the founder and CEO of Exquisite Medical Tours, a full concierge service for medical tourists to Costa Rica. If you are considering traveling for a procedure, do not miss this episode. As a full concierge service, Exquisite Medical Tours will make your experience pleasurable and simple, all you have to do is call, book your procedure and get on the plane.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- How long it takes from initial call to surgery date
- Tips for people who are considering Medical Tourism worldwide
- Success stories from Exquisite Medical Tours
- The benefits that Exquisite Medical Tours offer to their clients
- How most insurance companies work with Medical Tourism
- How Exquisite Medical Tours works with clients’ physicians
- How medical facilities and procedures in Costa Rica are compare to their North American counterparts
- Exquisite Medical Tours
- The Medical Tourism Association
- Medical Tourism Magazine
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
Today’s onwards comes from The Boston Retinal Implant Project. Boston Retinal’s project is revolutionizing the lives of visually-impaired patient. They are talking about “Smart” glasses. This research is showing how a small sensor and a chip implanted into a patients eyeball allows them to see. The benefits from their studies are extremely exciting and the device has the potential to drastically improve the lives of visually-impaired patients.
You can learn more about this discovery here.