Nicole Eaton, like many other medical tourism entrepreneurs, started her company based upon personal experience. At age 17, Nicole was mis-diagnosed 8 times with a tumor in her collarbone. At one time, Nicole was told she was near death, but had to wait almost 5 months for an MRI. Her family decided to find an alternative for her treatment and within 10 days she had the surgery that saved her life. Years later, her son was diagnosed with 4 masses in his liver, sending Nicole into overdrive to find the most advanced, innovative, and non-invasive cancer treatments around the world.
As founder and Managing Director of Alternatives Prostate Cancer Care, Nicole has discovered and worked with several amazing hospitals and facilities abroad. From a High Intensity Focused Ultrasound to a Cancer Vaccine that is in FDA trials, the treatments that Nicole is helping to provide access to are shaping and innovating medical research in the US and across the globe.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- Success stories of patients who traveled to Brussels for treatment
- The importance of Medical Travel Insurance even if it doesn’t cover your procedure
- How to manage your expectations about recovery time
- What is High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, or HIFU
- Why Proton Beam Therapy is so expensive
- How to become part of the FDA trial for a new Prostate Cancer Vaccine
- The average price of HIFU
- Alternative Prostate Cancer Care
- Jules Bordet Institute
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
Today’s onwards breakthrough comes from Singularity Hub, based on studies out of Harvard and University of Pennsylvania. These scientists have found a way using 3-D printers, similar to what is used with metals and plastics, to bioengineer human organs. These organs, such as hearts and livers, are 3-dimensional living tissue with the blood vessels already created inside of them. While still in the research phase, the hope is that these organs will be used to test drugs and eventually produce donor organs.
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.