One of the biggest worries that many potential patients looking to travel outside of the U.S. for medical care experience is the quality of the care they will be receiving. Luis Wachong, CEO of Hospital UNIBE in Costa Rica, shares that there are options for those who are looking for U.S. accredited-healthcare at a more affordable price. Luis explains what U.S. accreditation means and what Hospital UNIBE, in particular, offers that can make the entire experience feel like you never left your hometown.
Listen in to today’s episode to find out about some of the programs offered by Hospital UNIBE and how they help patients get to their location in Costa Rica to receive the healthcare they’re seeking in a cost-effective manner. Don’t miss this episode!
Thanks for listening. If you like the show, we would appreciate your comments.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- A heartwarming success story of one of Hospital UNIBE’s clients and the relationships she built with the staff
- The quality of medical care, as well as support-staff care, you can expect to have as a client
- The “caretaker” culture Luis has created in his hospital
- The amazing testimonials that American medial tourists leave after receiving treatment in the Hospital UNIBE
- Why it is important for a foreign facility to be accredited by the United States
- NC Medical Travel – Kathy Jordan – 336-608-5636
- Healthcare Elsewhere on Facebook
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
Today’s breakthrough concerns interesting research about the possibility of improving brain skill, such as memory, thinking, and learning, by increasing the longevity gene KLOTHO levels. According to test results on mice, increasing their levels of the KLOTHO gene has improved their intelligence, possibly by increasing connections between nerve cells in the brain. This breakthrough is a major step to finding cures for people suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.