Donna Fox was involved in a car accident in 2009 that did significant damage to her back. After suffering through years of debilitating pain she decided to get an Artificial Disk Replacement but she needed 2 disks replaced and that procedure is not authorized in the U.S. She ended up traveling to Spain to get the surgery and saved a very significant amount of money. Amazingly, the titanium disks they used were designed and manufactured in the U.S. but she could not get the surgery done there because the FDA had only approved one This surgery has literally changed Donna’s life and she is now pain free.
Thanks for listening. If you like the show, we would appreciate your comments.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- What ADR or Artificial Disk Replacement surgery is
- How doing the research then taking action now can save you years of pain
- Why Donna chose to go to Spain for this procedure and cost was not the only reason (She did save WELL over $100,000)
- Hear about the very compassionate and professional care she received while in Spain
- More about the groundbreaking advances in spinal surgery
- See the new titanium Artificial Lumbar Disk SpinalKinetics.com
- Hospital Quiron in Spain
- Dr Pablo Clavel, Donna’s Surgeon
- You can email questions to Donna at DonnaFox@cox.net. Please be respectful of her time, she is a busy entrepreneur!
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
A new way to beam power to medical chips deep inside the body
“A Stanford electrical engineer has invented a way to wirelessly transfer power deep inside the body, and use this power to run tiny electronic medical gadgets such as pacemakers, nerve stimulators, or new sensors and devices yet to be developed.
The discoveries reported Monday May 19 in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) culminate years of efforts by Ada Poon, an assistant professor of electrical engineering, to eliminate the bulky batteries and clumsy recharging systems that prevent medical devices from being more widely used.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.
Enjoy the Show?
- Never miss an episode by subscribing in iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS.
- Leave us a rating and review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join our growing community on Facebook