Sean Parnell is the Founder and CEO of Self-Pay Patient, LLC., and the author of the book “The Self-Pay Patient” whose aim is to provide information to patients who have to pay for their own healthcare. He offers help to patients look for a variety of affordable healthcare options outside their conventional insurance. In this episode, Sean shared the success story of a young lady she knew who went out to India for a weight-loss surgery and how her health has improved after the surgery. Find out more of this story and what Sean’s book is all about and how invaluable it will be to patients who seek medical care but cannot afford them.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- How Sean helps patients, who are not insured or someone who has a comprehensive insurance but does not cover the certain treatment they need, find some self-insurance options that can help them afford it.
- About a young lady he knew, who underwent a Lap Band Surgery in the United States and ended up becoming an unsuccessful one
- About the young lady’s recent travel and weight-loss surgery in India and how it improved her health.
- When Sean’s book was published and how his book and him has served as an intermediary between patients seeking low-cost healthcare options and healthcare providers.
- How Sean shared a facility in Oklahoma that offers packaged prices for patients as opposed to the comprehensive bills.
- About the growing domestic medical tourism and its value to self-pay patients who struggle to come up with the money to pay for a certain procedure.
- Sean’s website: The Self-Pay Patient
- The Self-Pay Patient Book on Amazon : Paperback Edition
- The Self-Pay Patient Book on Amazon : Kindle Edition
- The Self-Pay Patient Book on Barnes & Noble
- The Self-Pay Patient Book on iTunes
- Sean’s Blog post regarding Telemedicine : it talks about the ability to get a doctor over the phone to help best with minor ailments and get treated with the doctor’s recommendation.
- The Joint Commission International : an online resource for patients looking for quality and safe healthcare practices/facilities all over the world.
- Surgery Center of Oklahoma : link to the medical facility in Oklahoma which offers packaged prices for patients
- 003: Weight Loss Surgery & Wellness Program For Long Term Success w Dr. Thomas Clark & Karol Clark : episode which discussed healthcare packages for patients
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
Researchers use light to coax stem cells to regenerate teeth
“A Harvard-led team is the first to demonstrate the ability to use low-power light to trigger stem cells inside the body to regenerate tissue.”
“The team used a low-power laser to trigger human dental stem cells to form dentin, the hard tissue that is similar to bone and makes up the bulk of teeth. They outlined the precise molecular mechanism involved and demonstrated its prowess using multiple laboratory and animal models.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.