Stacy Eckel is a resident of Miami, FL and had a weight-loss surgery back in January 2013. 12 years prior her surgery, Stacy was severely overweight and has been struggling to find ways on how to lose weight. She has been declined by several insurance companies of assistance stating that she does not qualify to their insurance standards because she was healthy despite her being overweight. A nurse in a clinic, she was referred to, suggested her to go to Mexico to do the surgery but like any other first-timers, Stacy was skeptic of the idea of traveling overseas and have herself treated in a different country. After a much comprehensive research online, she was finally determined to go to Mexico and get the procedure done. Find out more of her actual experiences before and after the surgery and how it has drastically changed her appearance and her life in general.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- About Stacy’s weight-loss surgery
- How she was turned down several times by insurance companies because she was healthy despite her being overweight
- How she struggled to lose weight prior to her surgery
- How she finally decided to travel abroad to have the procedure done and resorted to Mexico
- How much she spent for her travel and surgery expenses
- About her family’s objection on her decision to do the procedure
- About her actual experiences upon arriving to Mexico and after the surgery
- How she described the hospital facilities in Tijuana, Mexico where she took her surgery
- How she came up with her Facebook group for people who intends to have surgery or who have had the same surgery
- How she related her plans of going back to Tijuana to have her lower body lifted by means of plastic surgery
- About her recommendations for patients who intend to undergo the same procedure
- Stacy Eckel’s Facebook page
- Stacy’s Youtube Channel
- One Year Sleeve Versary Video by Stacy Eckel
- Contact Info: email@example.com
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
“Quadrapeutics’ works in preclinical study of hard-to-treat tumors
“The first preclinical study of a new Rice University-developed anti-cancer technology found that a novel combination of existing clinical treatments can instantaneously detect and kill only cancer cells—often by blowing them apart—without harming surrounding normal organs. The research, which is available online this week Nature Medicine, reports that Rice’s “quadrapeutics” technology was 17 times more efficient than conventional chemoradiation therapy against aggressive, drug-resistant head and neck tumors.”
“We address aggressive cancers that cannot be efficiently and safely treated today,” said Rice scientist Dmitri Lapotko, the study’s lead investigator. “Surgeons often cannot fully remove tumors that are intertwined with important organs. Chemotherapy and radiation are commonly used to treat the residual portions of these tumors, but some tumors become resistant to chemoradiation. Quadrapeutics steps up when standard treatments fail. At the same time, quadrapeutics complements current approaches instead of replacing them.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.
Enjoy the Show?
- Never miss an episode by subscribing in iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS.
- Leave us a rating and review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join our growing community on Facebook