Claire Hooper is the administrator of Adult Stem Cells Advocates and a contributor to Stem Cell Pioneers. She currently lives in Beaumont near Houston, TX. She was involved in a car accident more than two decades ago while she was working as a probation and parole officer which caused her knee and back injury and eventually led to her disability. As her knees and back began to rapidly deteriorate, she started doing extensive research on alternative treatments as opposed to the traditional ones which she felt were invasive, risky and could further lead to other surgeries and narcotic drug dependencies. She was quite optimistic that her own stem cells could treat her and improve her condition and is now seeking to receive her bone marrow derived stem cells to treat her orthopedic conditions. Find out more about her advocacy for stem cell treatments, how she fights for patient rights and urges everyone to sign up for the petition to eliminate the restriction on every patient’s rights to access their own stem cells.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- How Claire was involved in a car accident which contributed to her knee and back injury and disability
- About her group called Adult Stem Cell Advocates of which she is the administrator
- Why she chooses alternative treatments rather than the traditional ones to treat her orthopedic conditions
- Why she believes our own stem cells are the most effective and safest option to treat various kinds of health conditions
- Why she initially chose to receive the treatment in Colorado rather than to travel offshore
- Details of the procedures involved in the treatment
- When and why she intends to go offshore to receive stem cell treatment
- Her general advice for people planning to receive the same treatment
- Claire’s LinkedIn account
- Help Keep Claire Out of the Wheelchair at Youcaring.com
- Moveon.org – a petition fighting for the restriction on every patient’s rights to access their own stem cells for treating their condition.
- http://www.patientsforstemcells.org/627/ – Article talking about the evolving role of Stem cell therapy in American Medicine
- http://www.cellr4.org/article/401 – Article on Excessive Regulations prohibiting Doctors to Cure patients
- Follow Claire on Twitter
- Adult Stem Cell Advocates LinkedIn – A forum for patients who have used, or seek to use, their own stem cells for regenerative purposes
- Stem Cells Pioneers – a forum dedicated to stem cells and the use of them medically
- Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
Drug combination extends survival by more than a year in metastatic prostate cancer
“Men with newly diagnosed metastatic, hormone-sensitive prostate cancer lived more than a year longer when they received a chemotherapy drug as initial treatment instead of waiting to for the disease to become resistant to hormone-blockers, report scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Eastern Co-operative Oncology Group.”
“This is the first study to identify a strategy that prolongs survival in newly diagnosed, metastatic prostate cancer,” said Christopher J. Sweeney, M.B.B.S, of Dana-Farber’s Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology. He presented the results of the trial Sunday, June 1, 2014 at the annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) in Chicago.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.
Enjoy the Show?
- Never miss an episode by subscribing in iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS.
- Leave us a rating and review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join our growing community on Facebook