Melanie is a Technology Assistant and is a resident of Tennessee. She has been suffering weight-loss issues years back and decided to undergo a Gastric Sleeve Surgery in October 2012. Melanie was an OCD by nature and she basically made an extensive and investigative research about the surgeons and facilities that she would want to have the procedure performed. Find out more of her success story and how she related the importance of diligence in doing research before considering to undergo any procedures offshore.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- About Melanie’s weight-loss surgery in October 2012
- Why she chose to have the Gastric Sleeve Surgery instead of the Lap Band
- Why she chose to have the Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico
- About the extensive and investigative research she did about the surgeons and medical facilities in Mexico
- How she related of the after care treatment she received
- About the cost of the procedure and what it is comprised of
- About the things a patient should consider when traveling abroad to undergo a medical surgery
- Melanie’s general advice to Weight-loss surgery abroad
- Melanie’s advice piece on questions to ask for newbies to Weight-loss surgery
- Melanie’s inspirational post about how weight-loss surgery can change how you feel
- Skype contact info: mangokiwi_86
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
“A drug that blocks the action of the enzyme Cdk5 could substantially reduce brain damage if administered shortly after a stroke, research suggests. The development of a Cdk5 inhibitor as an acute neuroprotective therapy has the potential to reduce stroke injury, researchers report.”
“The findings, reported in the June 11 issue of the Journal of Neuroscience, determined in rodent models that aberrant Cdk5 activity causes nerve cell death during stroke.”
“If you inhibit Cdk5, then the vast majority of brain tissue stays alive without oxygen for up to one hour,” said Dr. James Bibb, Associate Professor of Neurology and Neurotherapeutics at UT Southwestern and senior author of the study. “This result tells us that Cdk5 is a central player in nerve cell death.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.
Enjoy the Show?
- Never miss an episode by subscribing in iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS.
- Leave us a rating and review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join our growing community on Facebook