Colin Milner is the Founder and CEO of International Council on Active Aging (ICAA). Over the years, he has watched how his grandmother has aged extremely well. He attributed the good health condition of her grandmother to her positive outlook in life. In this episode, he shares how our outlook in life creates an impact on how we age and on our health as well. Find out more how Colin and his organization help educate people on how to age well and achieve longevity and a quality of life.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- About the International Council on Active Aging and how they help people become educated about aging
- About how Colin’s grandmother has aged extremely well and how this helped him get to the field of studying aging
- How positive outlook in life attributes to good aging
- About the two different ways of aging
- About their organization’s goal to change the perceptions of aging
- About how educate an industry on how to help their customers age well
- About the specific types of information about aging that they teach
- International Council on Active Aging website
- ICAA Facebook Page
- ICAA LinkedIn groups
- Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll free Number: 866-335-9777
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
With the right rehabilitation, paralyzed rats learn to grip again
“After a large stroke, motor skills barely improve, even with rehabilitation. An experiment conducted on rats demonstrates that a course of therapy combining the stimulation of nerve fiber growth with drugs and motor training can be successful. The key, however, is the correct sequence: Paralyzed animals only make an almost complete recovery if the training is delayed until after the growth promoting drugs have been administered, as researchers from the University of Zurich, ETH Zurich and the University of Heidelberg reveal.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.