Dr. Rafael Gonzalez is the Vice President of Research and Development at Da Vinci Biosciences & DV Biologics and part of the Advisory Board of Rehealth. He is currently involved in clinical studies for the development of the use of adult derived stem cells for spinal cord injury, cardiovascular diseases and other debilitating disorders. In this episode, he discussed several technological advancements they are engaged in by using stem cells to treat several kinds of diseases particularly the cardiovascular ailments and orthopedic/sports injuries. Find out how patients can improve their quality of life through stem cell treatments.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- About a patient who had a Peripheral Arterial disease who was on the verge of having his limbs amputated. He looked for stem cell treatments and can now walk more than 3 miles without pain.
- The different basic characteristics of stem cells and what it can do to restore blood flow in our body
- How stem cells can significantly improved bladder function
- The length of time they have been doing stem cell treatments
- How they originally started doing clinical studies on stem cells in Ecuador and eventually moved to Mexico
- How stem cells are a great repair for heart ailments
- About stem cells capabilities to change into a particular tissue, improve our immune system, release growth factors and force new blood flow to the heart that has been damaged.
- About the other clinical studies they are undertaking using stem cells
- The future advancements in stem cells
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
One injection stops type 2 diabetes in its tracks in mice without side effects
“In mice with diet-induced diabetes—the equivalent of type 2 diabetes in humans—a single injection of the protein FGF1 is enough to restore blood sugar levels to a healthy range for more than two days. The discovery by Salk scientists, published today in the journal Nature, could lead to a new generation of safer, more effective diabetes drugs.”
“The team found that sustained treatment with the protein doesn’t merely keep blood sugar under control, but also reverses insulin insensitivity, the underlying physiological cause of diabetes. Equally exciting, the newly developed treatment doesn’t result in side effects common to most current diabetes treatments.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.