Ieva Soblickaite is the co-founder and Chief Product Officer of Medigo launched in November 2013 in Berlin, Germany. In this episode, she is joined by Marianna Anderle who works on the Marketing and Quality Assurance sector of Medigo. Ieva leads the company’s product strategy to create an intuitive platform that both patients and clinics could enjoy. Medigo is basically like a marketplace for medical tourism companies and patients alike which helps simplify the complex process of booking medical travel. They help facilitate the searching, booking and arranging of treatment abroad, offering personal assistance every step of the way.
Their goal is to disrupt the entire healthcare industry by helping patients who desire affordable treatment, access to higher quality facilities or doctors, or who want to dramatically cut waiting times. Find out more about what they are working on and the services they offer to their patients which uphold their vision of making medical travel simple.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- How Medigo wnt from startup idea to reality
- About the first UK patient they have had who went to Poland for an eye-surgery
- About their free-to-use platform available in four languages which help patients find their medical treatment easier and simpler
- How they consider clinical and medical quality, patient satisfaction and interaction as factors for their safety aspect towards patients
- How they assist patients in searching for medical experts who are very well experienced in their field
- Why they highly regard price and information transparency which they believe is one factor that greatly affects the quality of healthcare globally
- The services they offer to patients in terms of travel and accommodations.
- Their objective of standardizing their level of services and their objective of building connections with other medical tourism facilitators into one ecosystem
- Tips for patients who are interested in receiving medical care by traveling abroad.
- Medigo website
- Twitter account
- Facebook page
- LinkedIn profile
- Email: CareTeam@medigo.com
- Phone: (Additional local phone numbers are listed on the site.)
- +1 (312) 488-1884 from the USA
- +44 1744 582444 from the UK
- +61 8 9468 7123 from Australia
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
Scientists successfully generate human platelets using next-generation bioreactor
“Scientists at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) have developed a scalable, next-generation platelet bioreactor to generate fully functional human platelets in vitro. The work is a major biomedical advancement that will help address blood transfusion needs worldwide.”
“The ability to generate an alternative source of functional human platelets with virtually no disease transmission represents a paradigm shift in how we collect platelets that may allow us meet the growing need for blood transfusions,” said Jonathan Thon, PhD, Division of Hematology, BWH Department of Medicine, lead study author.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.
Enjoy the Show?
- Never miss an episode by subscribing in iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS.
- Leave us a rating and review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join our growing community on Facebook