Debra Simons is the Founder and CEO of Weight No More Consulting Ltd which started in 2011 and is based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Years back, Debra has always had concerns about her weight and had suffered from obesity wherein she acquired Type 2 diabetes. This incident led her to a decision to travel down to Mexico and receive a weight-loss surgery with one of the top bariatric surgeons in Tijuana – Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon. Discover how this surgery has changed the life of Debra and how she used this first-hand experience to help change the lives of other individuals suffering from obesity.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- About the company of Debra Simons and what her motivation was in coming up with this kind of business
- How she suffered from obesity years ago which eventually led to a type-2 diabetes
- How this incident in her life made her travel down to Mexico to have her weight-loss surgery done
- About Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon – her trusted bariatric surgeon in Tijuana who works as part of her medical team
- How she used her firsthand experience to help other individuals who are also suffering from obesity
- Why she chose Mexico (and not Canada) to receive her weight-loss surgery
- How she lost 135 lbs from her surgery and how this surgery has changed her life in a positive way
- About her extra classes she attends for coaching obese people
- About the cost and wait time differences of weight-loss surgery in Canada and Mexico
- How she regarded the importance of researching online, as part of her three tips, when considering to travel overseas to receive a medical treatment.
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
Toxoplasma gondii can stop cancer in its tracks as a vaccine
“Toxoplasma gondii (T. gondii) is a single-celled parasite that is happiest in a cat’s intestines, but it can live in any warm blooded animal. Found worldwide, T. gondii affects about one-third of the world’s population, 60 million of which are Americans. Most people have no symptoms, but some experience a flu-like illness. Those with suppressed immune systems, however, can develop a serious infection if they are unable to fend off T. gondii.”
“A healthy immune system responds vigorously to T. gondii in a manner that parallels how the immune system attacks a tumor.”
“We know biologically this parasite has figured out how to stimulate the exact immune responses you want to fight cancer,” said David J. Bzik, PhD, professor of Microbiology and Immunology, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.”
“In response to T. gondii, the body produces natural killer cells and cytotoxic T cells. These cell types wage war against cancer cells. Cancer can shut down the body’s defensive mechanisms, but introducing T. gondii into a tumor environment can jump start the immune system.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.