Magdalena Rutkowska is a very experienced medical facilitator from Warsaw, Poland who runs her own company called Medical Travel Europe. She was hired by the Polish government to help promote Poland as a destination for medical tourism. She was appointed to become a representative of one of the company who is in the Consortium who are promoting in behalf of their Ministry of Economy Polish Medical Tourism which runs a 3-year program targeted at 7 market countries including United States, UK, Germany, Russia, Scandinavia among others. Find out more in this episode how Magdalena takes part in helping Poland attract more international patients to experience their high quality – low cost treatments in their well-equipped medical facilities.
This interview was recorded at the World Medical Tourism Congress in Washington D.C. where John was a featured speaker in September 2014.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- About Magdalena Rutkowski and the company she owns and runs for almost 3 years
- How they started to grow in and boast of different procedures
- The perspective of success, mortality, complication and infection rates
- Their program to promote Poland as a medical tourism destination
- The common procedures that international patients go for in Poland
- About the most common patients that visit their country to receive treatment
- How Magdalena was hired by the Polish government to help promote the Polish medical tourism
- The 3-year program that they run targeted at 7 market countries that will help promote Poland as medical destination
- The price difference of procedures in Poland to US and other European countries
- About the services they provide a patient after undergoing a certain procedure
- The importance of doctor’s experience in terms of number of medical procedures performed, success rates of the hospitals, and prices and packages available when traveling abroad to receive medical treatments.
- Poland Medical Tourism
- Magdalena’s Company Website
- Medical Travel Europe – Facebook Page
- Medical Travel Europe – Twitter
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
Biology made simpler with “clear” tissues
“A 3-D visualization of fluorescently-labeled brain cells within an intact brain tissue. Through the use of this novel whole-body clearing and staining method, researchers can make an organism’s tissues transparent—allowing them to look through the tissues of an organism for specific cells that have been labeled or stained.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.