The rising costs of dental care preventing family members from obtaining the treatment they needed inspired Paul McTaggart to establish Dental Departures – an online company that hooks up global dental providers with patients.
Surprised his new wife had not been to a dentist in years because a chef’s salary couldn’t afford it was the motivation for McTaggart to explore inexpensive dental care on the internet. He found a lack of affordable dental care was not just a problem in the US, but in Europe, Australia and New Zealand too.
The results also pointed to savings of around 70% in countries including Mexico, Thailand and Hungary – but with scant authoritative information about the quality. With his wife and young family, McTaggart set about finding out, moving to Mexico and then Thailand. Coupled with his background in technology, Dental Departures was born.
McTaggart says one of his proudest moments was helping his dad get a new smile, “Changing people’s lives by providing affordable, quality dental care is one of the joys of what we do.”
Find out how Paul and his staff ensure an excellent overall experience for patients and helping them achieve a quality of life through their smiles.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- About Dental Departures, their selection of countries to go to and their affiliation with over 4400 dentists
- About a gentleman from Canada assisted by Dental Departures, who was nearing the retirement age, and needed an extensive mouth restoration
- How they improve overall patient experience by providing legitimate and verified reviews
- How they ensure the general safety and security of patients when traveling and throughout the whole process
- What the travel experience is like when booked with Dental Dpartures
- How the dental office, together with Dental Departures, do follow ups from patients as part of their after care service
- About the cost savings patients get but still getting the same level of commitment and quality
- What kinds of trends they are seeing now in terms of dental tourism and medical tourism in general
- The top three questions he would ask when traveling abroad to receive treatments
- Dental Departures Website
- Facebook Page
- Youtube site
- Google +
- Email info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact info: 1 888 504 2671
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
Tuning light to kill deep cancer tumors
“An international group of scientists led by Gang Han, PhD, at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, has combined a new type of nanoparticle with an FDA-approved photodynamic therapy to effectively kill deep-set cancer cells in vivo with minimal damage to surrounding tissue and fewer side effects than chemotherapy. This promising new treatment strategy could expand the current use of photodynamic therapies to access deep-set cancer tumors.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.