This is the first episode of 2015 and Dr. Michael Belich has graced us with this interview wherein he shares his takeaways from his recently attended event called Exponential Medicine held in San Diego last November 9-12, 2014 at The Hotel Del Coronado.
The Exponential Medicine event was basically a gathering of thought leaders in the field of science and technology and various organizations from across the globe whose vision and mission is to change our perception of technology and medicine and how we can utilize these technological innovations as an opportunity to improve one’s healthcare, wellness and quality of life.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- About Dr. Michael Belich’s recently attended event in San Diego called Exponential Medicine
- What Exponential Medicine is about?
- How Exponential Medicine can change one’s perception of healthcare and how one can benefit from it
- How this program can impact the industries involving healthcare and medicine
- How a certain app/device diagnoses several types of diseases using a single drop of blood
- The takeaways Dr. Michael Belich had from the recently concluded event
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
Researchers boost the heart’s natural ability to recover after heart attack
“Researchers from the UNC School of Medicine have discovered that cells called fibroblasts, which normally give rise to scar tissue after a heart attack, can be turned into endothelial cells, which generate blood vessels to supply oxygen and nutrients to the injured regions of the heart, thus greatly reducing the damage done following heart attack.”
“This switch is driven by p53, the well-documented tumor-suppressing protein. The UNC researchers showed that increasing the level of p53 in scar-forming cells significantly reduced scarring and improved heart function after heart attack.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.