Angela Chouaib is the Founder and CEO of Secret Surgery Ltd. In 2009 Angela had lost 10 stone through Gastric Bypass surgery and didn’t want to wait 2 years for the plastic surgery she need on the NHS. Angela then spent 3 to 4 months search out all the options, including surgery in the UK and abroad.
She started to feel like a number in the whole process, encountering many ‘sharks’ and sales consultants before stumbling across a wonderful clinic in Poland who were prompt in responding, extremely courteous and actually understood her needs as a patient.
In April 2010, after much deliberation, Angela went to Poland to have her tummy tuck – she booked on the understanding that she wasn’t fully committed to having any procedures until she met with the surgeon and enjoyed a good look around the hospital to check that everything was as it said it would be on the website; which it was! Angela felt like royalty and was treated like a VIP from start to finish. It was so good she returned 1 month later for a breast reduction and uplift.
Angela then realized that still no one offered a packaged holiday solution to the UK market; thus, Secret Surgery Limited was founded. Angela decided to build the business not to exploit the market, but to help the millions of people that couldn’t afford surgery in the UK and were attracted to the competitive prices offered in Poland. For those frightened to travel abroad on their own like she did, or want a hassle free alternative, Secret Surgery was her idea for ‘one stop shop’ – a ready-made, hassle-free solution to affordable, exemplary cosmetic surgery abroad.
Thank you for listening. We would appreciate your comments and reviews
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- Angela’s Gastric Bypass surgery in 2009 that helped her lost 10 stones
- How she spent 3-4 months searching options since she didn’t want to wait 2 years for the plastic surgery that she needs
- How she stumbled upon a clinic in Poland that attended to her needs
- About her tummy tuck performed in Poland back in 2010
- About the VIP treatment by the hospital in Poland and because of the good results she decided to come back for breast reduction and uplift
- How she realized the expensive and not affordable treatments offered in UK which led to the founding of Secret Surgery Ltd in 2010
- The percentage of male patients versus female patients who travel for cosmetic surgery
- The several procedures they offer in their cosmetic surgery facility
- One of her patients who underwent cosmetic surgery under their help which was a huge success
- About the younger generation gaining interest in doing cosmetic enhancements
- Why she chose Poland to have her cosmetic surgery done
- How they handle after care treatments for their patients and the after care packages they offer
- The average cost of surgeries provided in their facility compared to other European countries
- The travel insurance options that may be used by patients in case there is a need for them to add another day in their stay in their facility
- Her best advice for patients who intend to undergo the same treatment and what questions a patient should ask beforehand
The Onwards Medical Breakthrough
Stem cells may be more widespread and with greater potential than previously believed
“This study highlights the mutual role of stem cells both for regeneration and in tumor growth by featuring two sides of the same coin: stems cells in cancer and regenerative medicine,” said Eckhard Alt, M.D., Ph.D., the article’s lead author from the Center for Stem Cell and Developmental Biology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. “Our workprovides novel insight on why and how mature has provided us with one universal type of stem cell that is equally distributed throughout the whole body, every organ and every tissue. Small early pluripotent stem cells are ubiquitously located in and around the blood vessels throughout the whole body and serve as a reserve army for regeneration.”
You can learn more about this discovery at this link.